MarcelloPeregrino
Imagen de MarcelloPeregrino

Winter-edition Ingles...Februari 2020

Hi all pilgrims,

Just wanted to share with you that I will be on the road next month. First time I will do a winters-edition and  start in Porto where I will walk a big part of the Camino Portugese. I did this camino before but liked it so much that it made me come back. Before I will reach Santiago I will travel to Ferrol by train where I will start the Camino Ingles. Looking forward to that one! In my opinion I am very well prepared for the weather: wet, windy and cold. What I don't know if there are enough albergues open in these period.Maybe you walked this one before and can give me advice? I would preciate it!

Are there are more pilgrims who walked a winters-edition?

Buen Camino,

Marcello

Bruno Leonés
Imagen de Bruno Leonés

The winter Camino is very hard; no bars open, most of the albergues closed, almost nobody in the path and no place to rest when in the fields. Anyway winter is  my favorite season because the pilgrims are the thougest and the most authentic and with the adecuate equipement and technique you may overcome all the odds. Do not expect many facilities, be careful checking the possibility of lodging before initiating the etapas and have allways something to eat, many little shops are closed.

Buen Camino

MarcelloPeregrino
Imagen de MarcelloPeregrino

Muchas gracias, senor. You said the right words: thoughest & authentic. 2 reasons to walkin the winter. I walked 3 camino's before but always in spring and autumn. Thanks for the advices

Marcello